Philly-based A Day Without Love, led by musician Brian Walker, has released a brand new music video for their latest single “Joseph.” The song is the first track off their debut studio LP Solace, which came out last year.
The video was directed by local videographer Bob Sweeney, who has filmed other Philadelphia talent including Nik Greeley & The Operators, RFA, and Abi Reimold and has previously directed previous ADWL music videos for “Too Fast” and “Solace.”
The music video is a critique of sorts at how others may perceive a person they may not know much about on a personal level. In the video, Walker makes light of how ingrained society has become with technology and how a “digital reputation” may spread like wildfire across online communities and social media despite a lack of any face-to-face interaction whatsoever. The song is a statement on societal interaction but is also quite personal. The beginning includes a sample of Walker’s grandfather, who passed away of lung cancer last year; this was recorded only two months before he died.
- 5/24 – Philadelphia, PA @ Pentajawn
- 5/25 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Cattivo
- 5/26 – Columbus, OH @ Melancholy House
- 5/27 – Indianapolis, IN @ Ultra Velvet Lounge
- 5/28 – Chicago, IL @ West Town
- 5/28 – Davenport, IA @ Daytrotter
- 5/29 – Nashville, TN @ East Room
- 5/30 – Chapel Hill, NC @ The Cave
- 5/31 – Virginia Beach, VA @ Java Surf Cafe
- 6/01 – Richmond, VA @ Crossroads
- 6/02 – Washington, DC @ Commune 1605
- 5/03 – College Park, MD @ The WhyteStone Creative Outcrop
For more information reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.